Gatsby glam. Boho chic. Minimalist zen. If you can envision your ceremony style and décor, you can create it in real life. Such is the state of party and event rentals today. And while the biggest cities offer the widest range of options, if you do some online digging, you’ll be surprised at how much is available, no matter your wedding locale.
Make it fun!
renting crowd-pleasers such as cotton candy makers and popcorn
machines. For outdoor areas, offer games like bocce ball and a beanbag
Your best source for rentals? Ask your caterer, floral designer or venue site manager for referrals. Or go to rental website. Type in what you’re
looking for (anything from tables to tents, etc.), and your location to
find companies in your area.
How much do you need? Order at least three to four
dishes, glasses, stemware and flatware pieces per guest, says Jenny
Orsini, owner and creative director at Jenny Orsini Events in New
Jersey. For a cocktail hour, you’ll need at least three glasses for each
person. And order at least 10 extra chairs for your ceremony, plus 10
extras for your cocktail party and reception in case any chairs arrive
cracked or broken.
The essential questions to ask
1. Are you licensed and insured?
2. Have you worked events at our ceremony/reception venue(s) before? (A very important question, especially for tent rentals!)
3. Can we view item selections before renting?
4. Will we be able to view actual rental items from your supply, or will we be shown samples?
5. Will we be able to contact you on the
day of our event? (Get the name and cell phone number of an in-charge
person in case of problems and needed solutions.)
6. Are setup and delivery fees included in our order? Or are they extra?
7. What are delivery charges for our locations?
8. How much is required for deposit?
9. When is deposit due? (Most companies
require a non-refundable deposit, roughly equal to one-third of the
total rental package price. This amount is usually due when you book
your rental items.)
10. When is final payment due?
11. Which methods of payment do you accept?
12. When will our rented items be delivered to the venue? Arrange for a time that allows setup without pressure, at least several hours before your event starts.
13. Will delivery workers bring all
rented items inside the venue and set everything up? Or do you offer
‘tailgate service’ delivery, wherein the company just drops off your
rented items in a driveway or at the venue entrance, leaving you to
carry everything inside and set up yourself?
14. Will someone instruct us on how to operate the rented item? (Especially key for lighting rentals.)
15. When will delivery workers return to collect all rented items after the wedding?
16. How do we prepare rented items for
pickup? Do we have to clean dishes, glasses, flatware first, or do we
load dirties into their crates?
17. How will rented chairs need to be
arranged for pickup? Some companies require you to fold chairs closed
and some require sliding them into padded delivery bags in which they
18. What are the costs and details in case any items are broken or lost?
19. What is your cancellation/refund policy?
Find more details of wedding planning at LadyMarry.
Source/Credit: Bridal Guide